• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chipvalleyaquatics

chipvalleyaquatics

Just popping in

• ALA Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

Hello, my name is Brad. I'm from north western Wi. I have kept fish for many years. I now have a small fish room, (that seems to growing fast). I started keeping Goodeids a few years ago. Now most of my space is dedicated to them, along with a few other live bearing species. I just the ALA after attending the 2017 convention in St. Louis. 

• Lisachromis and krittrsfish like this

Brad Feller

Keep On Keepin' Fish

#2 OldFort Exotics

OldFort Exotics

• ALA Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne Indiana

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hi Brad  Welcome to the forum and ALA.

I have only been a member for a few weeks but so far I really like the group. I hate I couldn't make the convention this year but maybe next year depending on where it will be.

And yes fish rooms tend to grow, I filled up my room a few months ago so just expanded to another part of my basement so I can add more tanks.

Goodeids are great little fish I have 6 tanks set aside for them and 2 more for other wild type live bearers. I don't have any right now but hoping to pick some next month at a auction or I will be ordering some online. I have been talking to a few members about setting a Goodeid exchange group to help share fish with other fish keepers if you are interested let me know we can always use more people.

Stephen

#3 chipvalleyaquatics

chipvalleyaquatics

Just popping in

• ALA Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

Hello Stephen,  Thank you.

I would definitely be interested in an exchange group. I currently keep colonies of Xenotoca doadrioi San Marcos, Ameca splendens Rio Teuchitlan, and am working on Zoogoneticus tequila Rio Teuchitlan, Skiffia multipunctata Tangancicuaro, Michoacan ESU-Skimu1, and others. The NAGWG is currently working on identifying and registering those who keep pure ESU's of Goodeids. I believe there goal is to keep a public list of these fish available through the NAGWG. I think this would help keep track of where fish have come from and where they are going, and monitoring bloodlines. 

Happy fish keeping,

Brad

Brad Feller

Keep On Keepin' Fish

#4 OldFort Exotics

OldFort Exotics

• ALA Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne Indiana

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

I agree sharing fish that are at risk really is important. I will be posting here on the forum as soon as we get enough stuff in place to start sharing fish. We want to work with NAGWG and others to groups and not duplicate their efforts. 

Stephen

#5 krittrsfish

krittrsfish

Just popping in

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hi, Brad, I'm Kim. I'm also in the Chippewa Valley area. Welcome to the ALA!

• chipvalleyaquatics likes this

#6 Moreats1973

Moreats1973

Just popping in

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Hello to all of u guys, my name is David and i have a few health issues which is why i'm a member of onlinepharmacyreviews.org as well. got these health issues which are really annoying but i hope this won't stop me from being an active member here too :) and hopefully you're doing better than me, grettings everybody!!

#7 chipvalleyaquatics

chipvalleyaquatics

Just popping in

• ALA Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

Hello to all, I hope to meet all of you at the ALA convention in the Spring.  :)

Brad Feller

Keep On Keepin' Fish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users