Photo

Digital Downloads of old Mags are great.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldFort Exotics

OldFort Exotics

Not too shy to talk

• ALA Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne Indiana

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

For those that worked on the digital copies of the older Mag thank you that is a awesome way to save that info and share it with others. I looked at Issue 1 and it is from 1972 that's older than I am and info there could have been lost for all time. Great to see it saved like that.

Thanks Guys/Gals hope you can do the same with more of the issues.

Stephen

#2 LDick

LDick

Chairman, BOD

• ALA Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your kind words!  "It takes a village" aptly describes the process to make these PDF files available to paid annual membership members.  There were a number of people over the years who submitted articles, edited, mimeographed (!), and mailed these archival journal issues, and this process has continued into the present, with creation of the PDF files, uploading to a Google Drive, with distribution by links created for the documents, and included in the e-Trader distributed this month.

There will be additional links to issues beyond issue #50 in future e-Traders.

Thank you to all who have been involved in the many-year process!

Best fishes,

Leslie

#3 OldFort Exotics

OldFort Exotics

Not too shy to talk

• ALA Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne Indiana

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

I work in the copier industry and with that I know the amount of work it takes to get this stuff scanned to PDF, So I do appreciate it

Looking word to getting the newest copy also would be nice to have something to read while waiting are the marching band competition this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users